Monday, June 26, 2006

We are Home!

Well we are back from New York! I thought I would share some pictues of our trip first since I always blog about the kids! Well we had alot of fun and we were able to go alot more places without the kids...you can really move without those strollers:) Well first you see a picture of me with Rupert G from Letterman...I must say we were very determined not to do all the "touristy" stuff but I just thought this would be fun! (He was really nice about it even though I am sure it was a bit obnoxious to take a picture with him) oh well:) The next picture is of Greg and I at Times Square, which we stayed about two blocks east of and really didn't spend much time in, but we thought it might be nice to have one day! The next picture we are at a little resturant called Serendipity....it was soooo good and this drink is called a frozen hot chocolate...not too shabby I must say! In the background you can see the table where John Cusack sat in the movie Serendipity. And the last picture we are strolling through Central Park...sadly enough it rained all weekend...but we made the best of it....which makes me think of a funny story that happened in Greenwich Village....we only had this tiny tiny umbrella for the two of us so we were each pretty much "half dry"...so we broke down and bought an umbrella....but Greg wanted to find a really good one that wouldn't break in two days so we looked around and found one that was really nice and sturdy....well we bought it and headed out the door....and about two doors down was Starbucks so we just had to stop....so we left the "new" umberalla at the door and get some drinks....I must add here that everyone was leaving their umbrellas so we followed suit.....well the moral of this story is never follow a New Yorker....because we hadn't had that stinkin' umbrella for but about 10 minutes and it was stolen...we were so bumbed....it could really ruin your day if you thought about it too much so we tried to forget about it....well sadly enough it rained the whole time and we were reminded everytime we felt our wet clothes sticking to us! Now don't you feel sorry for us though....we had a great weekend and we knew something crazy would happen....or else what would I blog about?


No comments: