Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me:)

Monday was my 34th birthday...yikes!  
I gotta be honest this one I was not too excited about.  I am officially in my mid-30's no longer can I say, "I just turned 30." :(
Well I'm over it, I'm 34 and I'm gotta have to embrace it so on to the fun part!  
My sweet family and friends were so great to spend the WEEKEND celebrating me...I feel very blessed and loved.
Friday morning on of my dearest friends, Natasha, took me to our favorite little (well maybe my favorite little but she acts like she likes it for me;) coffee-shop, Roots.  We had some breakfast and coffee and spend about 2 hours talking and had a great time.  Thank you Nat...I love you!
Friday for lunch Greg took me to Bizzi's which is a little restaurant in our neighborhood that has a European fare (aka hummus and anti-pasta plates;)  my FAVORITE!  This was the beginning of a TON of eating for my birthday.  I am currently eating only enough to stay alive to recover from the food comma that was my birthday....I don't remember much :/
Sunday Greg took us to the Food Truck Park in downtown Ft. Worth which was AMAZING!
We had some fried chicken out of a truck that was to die for;)  a truck?  I know right?  Weird, but SO GOOD!
After we had dinner we went over to Debbie and Jerry's to have peach cobbler...yummy!  Debbie makes some incredible cobbler...thank you Deb!
And now for my ACTUAL birthday, Monday.
It has been a tradition since the kids were little that whoever's birthday it is that day they get to pick whatever they want to do that day that is their favorite (within reason:)
So I got to do some of my favorite things...
The kids and I went for a 4 hour bike ride and along the way we stopped at parks, the lake, the library and then met Greg for a treat at Roots.  It was fun, I love to be outside, one of my favorites:)
After the ride I took a nap (naps are one of my favorites AND the kids had to be quiet;) and then we got ready to go eat at the Reata....a really, really, really, good restaurant in Ft. Worth (one of my favorites:) I ate way too much and liked it alot;)  (eating is one of my favorites:)
We then went for a walk around downtown and I walked into any shop I wanted and no one complained....bliss;) (another one of my favorites:)
It was also my favorite degrees outside!  Favorite degrees?  Yes, I do have a certain temperature that I prefer over others and it was 74 degrees out on Monday evening and I was a very happy camper.  Very happy camper. Thanks God:)  (He's also one of my favorites;)

Well even though 34 didn't sound too exciting to me, this birthday was wonderful as usual!  I guess I will keep having them as long as I can;)
Here's a few pictures...
Silly Natasha and her napkin balls:)  (she likes to keep her hands busy while we talk...she's funny!)
Anti-pasta dish at Bizzi's....yum!!

Food Truck Park

my handsome husband in his new shades;)

Abby and her coke...she was happy too:)

Let's eat!

Try this Abby!  Greg makes the kids try EVERYTHING, no exceptions!  They almost always like everything they try, go figure:)

free creme brulee--because she's cute!

we walked along the water after dinner....my favorite.

Dinner at Reata.  Bread pudding tamale....AMAZING!
Bread Pudding (one of my favorites), weird I know but I can't help it!  Carbs AND sweetness all in one...it's a beautiful thing:)

No comments: