Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary with the Rangers!

Last night Greg and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary at the Rangers game!:) It's not actually our anniversary until July 7th but the kids and I will be in KC for the week so we wanted to make sure to do something special now! Greg worked his magic and was able to get 1st row behind the visitors on-deck circle and we got to eat in the Diamond Club beforehand. It was so fun and relaxing (without the kiddos;) It was pretty funny before we were leaving the kids were both sad that we had such good seats....too funny!
It was so fun being so up close to all the players and I was a bit starstruck...I know I'm a little pathetic;)
Anyway, we had something pretty cool happen about half way into the 1st inning. We overheard an usher tell someone that Chuck Greenberg (one of the guys buying the Rangers with Nolan Ryan) and the owner of the Pirates (the team we were playing against) were going to be sitting in the seats right next to us. How cool is that? And what was even cooler was we got to chat it up with the Pirates owner, an adorable 80 year old man wearing a fanny pack (guess when you are that rich you can wear whatever you want huh?:) After a few innings he invited us to come to his ballpark and said, and I quote, "You ever make your way to Pittsburgh you give me a call and we'll set you up and take care of you right!" WOW! I definitely see a trip to Pittsburgh in the near future!
Well as you can tell the evening couldn't have been better. Believe it or not the weather was not hot at all and we were close enough to catch an occasional air conditioning blast from the clubhouse ;)
Greg and I were laughing about how far I have come in my love for baseball. I mean seriously how many wives beg their husbands to go to the Rangers for their Anniversary? (I used to bring magazines to the games 4 years ago:) Honestly I just decided that loving baseball was something I could do to love Greg more and show him I will do anything for him! Who knew I would love them this much though? I sure didn't;) Go Rangers--44-28, yep that's right folks we have the 2nd best record in baseball! Amazing!

Greg's big foot and a picture to show you how close we are....jealous? Ok, maybe not but you can at least be excited for us right?:)

McCutchen, center-fielder for the Pirates --he's an amazing athlete! He's on the ESPN top 10 plays alot....he's fun to watch!

A very excited me:)

Me sitting next to the Pirates owner--check out that fanny pack:) and that's Chuck Greenberg's leg:) Very exciting isn't it?--ha!

That's my boy Josh Hamilton....we're tight;)

One Happy Couple!

VICTORY! Walk-off hit to win the game!

Vlad, the man that made it happen....he can hit a homerun with one arm if he had to! Crazy!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Wow, that's so cool! We saw a lot of that game from home...wonder if you were on TV sitting so close?? Wish I'd kept the recording to check it out! :-)