Friday, April 15, 2011

Back from Kansas City

Just got back today around lunch and man was I beat.  Barely made it through lunch but was able to get a good long nap before picking the kids up from school.

I had a good but emotional visit.

I gotta admit my Dad and I both were sad that my visit wasn't as planned.  I was so looking forward to taking care of him at home.  He had made such progress and I was excited to see him getting better, see him walking.  Anyways...
   When I was little my Dad always used to take me for "rides".  We would drive for hours with no where in partial to go.  He would always get me some sort of sweet treat and we had such a great time together, sometimes talking sometimes silent but always enjoying the peace and quiet.

I was so looking forward to taking him for a ride.
~Next time Dad!
~we have already been talking about taking a trip to Alaska together after all this is over....very excited about that!

I was able to be there for his lung biopsy Tuesday which was needed to hopefully find out what in the world is wrong with him.  The surgery went well but he was in ALOT of pain and was very sleepy. (because of the pain meds)
Today (Friday) is the earliest we will find out the results of the biopsy.  We are hoping they find something they can treat and that he will be able to get home asap!

I am sure most of you are checking the caring bridge site but if not here's the link:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lenlarson
My Mom is better at keeping everyone updated about all the details:)

No comments: