Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School! First Day of Schooooool!!!

The walk of...JOY:)  ha!
My kids are already past liking school...boo!
p.s. I think they are just saying that to be cool!
...at least that's what I used to do:)

the first day of school pose....geez Mom!

Abby and her teacher, Mrs. Hollingsworth

Reese walking to class with Greg

Reese and his teacher, Mrs. LeRoy
He is excited and he tried to hide it;)  
Today was Abby starts 3rd grade and Reese starts 1st....wow!  I know everyone says it but it's a true statement...TIME FLIES!

 I have mourned this fact this summer more than previous summers.

 I am super sad they are going back.  I feel like they are crossing over to another season that requires less and less of me and Greg.  Now I know this is a good thing because we want them to be independent and self-starters (and so many more character traits) BUT it's still hard to let go!  
God reminded me this morning before the kids got up for school that it's not all about me.  Thank you Lord:)  It's about HIM and HIS purpose, HIS GLORY and I want God's best for my family.  So I hand them over to the best "babysitter" ever...He is with them when I am not and He cares for them more than I ever could!
He wants the best for them...that comforts me today.
I hope it does the same for you!


No comments: