Saturday, August 20, 2011

Quick Trip to KC


So the other day I had had it!  It is so super hot down here that we couldn't take it anymore!  I talked to Greg and he agreed that it would be a good idea to head north to KC to cooler weather.  The kids don't start school until August 22nd so we had a full week to go see my family...so we did.  It ended up being the perfect little break from the heat.  It was only about 75 and raining (we haven't seen rain in months).  I also got to be with my Dad while he had another surgery/procedure (of sorts) to check on his esophagus where the ventilator had been. He's having trouble choking after he eats--it's driving him nuts!  They didn't find anything alarming and chalked it up to the swelling from the steroids he is taking for his lungs.  He gets off the steroids August 31st and he is SUPER excited about that!!!
Anyways we had a fun trip!  We went to Worlds of Fun (amusement park), Moon Marble (you get to watch/learn how to actually make a marble), we ate at all our/my:) favorite places (Spin Pizza, Custards Last Stand:)  Pizza and custard what more do you need?:)
It was fun to take a little road trip to finish off the summer with a bang...now time to get down to business!
School time again:(  I'm gonna miss these little boogers but maybe, just maybe I'll get those kitchen floors mopped! ha!
ready to learn how to make marbles!

Marble demonstration

Spin Pizza with Papa

Granny and Abby (love this pic!)


Raining day Apples to Apples at the coffee shop!  My kinda fun:)
Papa and Reese drawing up plans to make a wooden baseball bat!

No comments: