Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Abby's New York Trip


Guest Blogger: Abby
This is a guest post by Abby about her trip to New York City with Poppa (Greg's Dad)

This is me on the ferry going to the Statue of Liberty.  There was a concession stand and we got a pretzel and a Coke.
Me and Poppa got on the island and we saw that chains are at Liberty's feet.  It was like a gazillion feet tall.  
We went to see the Blue Man Group.  This guy stuffed 22 marshmallows in his mouth. They painted a guy from the audience and they had a dinner with a girl from the audience.  The Blue Man Group wanted the girl to light a candle so she did and one of the guys blew a fire extinguisher all over her.  They also threw me a marshmallow and I caught it! (but not quite in my mouth:)
Can you guess what building this is?
*Answer at the bottom of this post
We got to Times Square at night but it looked like it was daytime!
We went to the Olive Garden and had to wait like 2 hours because of all the people.
We got to get on a billboard, there was a camera that was videotaping the people in the middle of the street.  Everyone wanted to get on camera so they could see themselves.  We got on the billboard and it was cool. 

This is us about to board the plane before security. 

This is me in front of the Empire State Building.  

This is me at FAO Schwartz the home of the giant piano and the most EXPENSIVE Lego sets in the world.
We saw one Star Wars set for $2,000!

This is me climbing down some rocks in Central Park.  It was fun.
P.S.  Don't slip.

Me climbing on the most dangerous parts of the rocks....EVER, almost.  

Me and Poppa in front of a cool bridge.  This is the exact spot where my Mom and Dad took their picture on their 5th anniversary.  

We saw a guy on the street by the Museum of Art painting with sand with just with his hands.
It was really cool and colorful.
He did the whole entire street all around the museum

This is the M&M store.  We got M&M's for Mom, Reese and me.
Whenever you walk into this store the air tastes like chocolate!
This place had everything you could ever imagine that has to do with M&M's!
There was a chest set in a bullet proof case to protect it for $150!  Wow! 

This is the outside of the store

This is Times Square with me and Poppa and we were standing in the middle of the street around 7pm.
We went there at 7pm and then came back again around 9pm and then Poppa let me watch TV all night at the Hotel!
(Poppa don't be mad at me for telling:)  

This is where I am being saved my Superman from a bus!  There was also a 10 foot tall Lego Empire State Building!

Ferris Wheel that Poppa wouldn't let me ride...so mean:)  
*Answer to question above:  Empire State Building

1 comment:

Faith said...

Great blogging, Abby! This was a very funny and interesting post. So fun to see your trip with your Poppa. Looks like you had fun!:)