Friday, August 03, 2012

Denver Aquarium

So we came to Colorado a week earlier than planned because we were hot down in Texas and were able to find a pretty good deal at a Bed and Breakfast in Manitou Springs.  The only kicker was that Greg was NOT off work so during the days this week I have had to find things for the kids and me to do while Greg "worked hard for the money" *yes, I did just sing that as I typed it:)
Anywho, we got tickets to the Rockies game in Denver on Wednesday night so we decided Greg would find a coffee shop during the day somewhere and set up camp while the kids and I went out on the town...well in a "kiddie" kind of way:)  
So I decided to take the kids to the Aquarium.  They love fish and things of the sea so I thought it would be a hit.  Well it wasn't exactly a hit but they did like it.  I was surprised how quickly they went through the exhibits.  I kept trying to get them to slow down and I assumed it would take at least 2 hours but no it only took us an hour which meant I had ALOT of time to spare...oops.  Thankfully there was a park next-door and we played tag.  I wish I had more energy like them. 

I love this picture of them.


they liked watching this guy...well for about 3 minutes:)

Abby teaching me about the ways of the octopus

oh the love...
Note to self: Abby needs a bang cut:)

No comments: