Sunday, August 26, 2012

Summer Family Olympics 2012!

Last weekend Debbie and Jerry (Greg's parents) hosted another family Olympics (our 3rd one) and it was so fun and with each time it gets more competitive!  As the kids get older they really get into it and we adults are loving that:)
I got some pictures but sadly my camera died half way though so I am waiting on other pictures but this is what I got so far....
Here are the events we did:
Track and Field- long jump, 100 meter dash, 100 hurdles, shot put, javelin, 4x100 relay
Gymnastics- rings and balance beam
Swimming- relay swim (any style:), diving through a hoop, creative dive


Debbie went above and beyond this year....check out our lunch!  Wow!

So cute!

The kids helped with all the decorations and were very proud of these rings:) *made out of paper plates!

opening ceremonies!

Passing the torch.  I remember when we used to be nervous they would catch each other on fire!  Ha! Well I guess I still worry a bit about Reese;)

So happy!  He loves the Olympics...and fire:)

The torch ended with Grandma 

setting up hurdles

All of us were nervous about jumping over these suckers....they were pretty high! Everyone did great though after a practice run.

Run kids RUN!

Take 2!  We needed a gun to start them off because they kept false starting:)

Parents racing...I totally lost:(  I'm a distance runner people...DISTANCE:)

Abby holding the finish line

Reese jumping the hurdles 

Abby trying to jump the hurdles...she wasn't so into the hurdles:)

She was into Colson:)  

Greg got some air!  

Me about to cross the finish line.  The kids were taking the pictures and so I don't have any of me actually jumping.
Debbie I need your pictures please??!!!:)

Debbie doing the long jump...impressive!

Shot Put!

Stay tuned for more pictures!!!  I know Debbie got a bunch of good ones:)  Hint Hint!  haha!

1 comment:

Steve, Tracy, Wesley & Reeve said...

How FUN Stamps Family!!!! Love this idea. I may have to steal it for our family and all the cousins. They would have so much fun! Thanks for sharing!