Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Amazing Zoo Adventure!

So we headed to the Zoo yesturday morning pretty early because I heard that the earlier you go the more you catch the animals awake and eating.....and man oh man did we see some animals....not only were they eating but they were all outside and some were going crazy! The weather was beautiful about 75 and the animals were loving it! As you can see in the picture with the giraffe we got really close and the kids were amazed! Then they have these cables up in the air that the orangutans can climb from building to building and they go right over the walkways where the people are....and today was the first day we had ever seen them on the cables....it was so great they were right over our heads maybe 45 feet! I must say I am always bumbed when we go to the zoo and we really don't see many animals well this time made up for all of it! I highly suggest coming to the National Zoo early morning on an over cast day:) Stay tuned for a video I got of the Gibbons (a kind of monkey I guess) going crazy....it was hilarious! Oh and by the way that first picture they are acting like gorillas....you may not be able to tell:)


No comments: