Sunday, August 27, 2006

West Wing Tour


Greg has a friend Emily that used to work at Townhall.com with him that now works for the Speechwriting team for the President. She took us on a tour of the West Wing and we got to see all the "closed to the public" stuff in the White House. It was great we saw all kinds of pictures of the President, where he eats, and even where all the staff goes to the bathroom...but we were not allowed to take pictures inside so you won't get to see where the President goes to the bathroom...sorry:)The best for me for sure was seeing the Oval Office...wow I was so shocked we even got to see it.... I thought it was fake for a few seconds and then I realized I really was looking through the door at an office that dozens of President's made huge decisions! In the pictures we are standing in the Coridor between the President's private residence and his office....this runs right alongside the Rose Garden....he walks this every morning to go to work! Reese is standing at the door where hundreds of world leaders have walked through...amazing! We are so blessed to get this experience and I am so glad my parents got to go with us!

1 comment:

Cakes by Faith said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast! I like the bathroom picture... nothing like living on the edge!:) Talk to you later!

Faith