Monday, July 12, 2010

How To Pray For Your Children

I have had a lot of friends lately ask me how I pray for my kids. Over the years it has evolved for sure but last year I was given a list from my BSF group and it is just incredible! I decided I would put it up for all my fellow Moms so we can all be battling together! Satan is out for our kids and I pray that we all would be on our guard and get on our knees!!!
I hope this is useful for you as you go to the Father.

Pray that your child:

1. Know Jesus Christ as Savior early in life (Ps. 63:1; 71:17; 2 Tim. 3:15)

2. Have a hatred for sin and a fearful respect for his own vulnerability to temptation
(Ps. 97:10; Matt. 26:41

3. Be caught and called to account when guilty (Ps. 38:5-6, 17-18; 119:71)

4. Be protected from the evil one in each area of his life: spiritual, emotional and physical (Luke 22:31; John 17:15)

5. Have an attitude of Christian morality and responsibility in all her/his interpersonal relationships (Romans 14:21; 1 Cor. 13:4-5; 1 Tim. 4:12)

6. Respect those in authority over him (Romans 13:1)

7. Desire the right kind of friends, be protected from the wrong associations, and be hedged in by God so that he does not find his way to wrong people or wrong places and that the wrong people do not find their way to him (Ps. 91:9-11; Prov. 1:10-11, 15; Hosea 2:6)

8. Rely on God's direction regarding marriage, being kept from the wrong choice, and being saved for the right marriage partner (Ps. 37:4-5; 2 Cor. 6:14-17)

9. Choose to remain pure until the time of marriage and that the one he is to marry will also remain pure (1 Cor. 6:18-20)

10. Learn to submit totally to God and resist Satan actively in all circumstances (Ps. 119:1; 143:10; James 4:7)

11. Be single-hearted in loving and applying God's Word, using its wisdom rather than the world's standards to make decisions in his life (Ps. 19:7; 84:10; 119:10 Romans 12:1-2)

12. Allow God to mature within him the character of Christ that will be lived out in a lifetime of service and submission to Him (Ps. 90:12, 17; Luke 2:52; Romans 8:29)

*Pick one point a month on which to concentrate. Within a year you will have consistently prayed this entire list. As you can see these are also great to pray for ourselves, our husbands and well, everyone!

Remember Phil. 4:6-7:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petitions, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

~don't worry about your kids or their futures...pray for them!!! We have NO control over anything that has happened or anything that will happen but what we can do is get on our knees...will you join me?

3 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Thanks B for sharing! I have been praying for Andrew way before I even knew I was pregnant. In just a few weeks I can hold him & pray these scriptures over my sweet boy. Phil 4:6-7 is my theme verse & has helped me stay calm during these months. God is good!!

Natasha said...

Great list! Thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing! I will join you, I can't wait to print these out.