Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pyros!

Reese getting a lesson in setting off fireworks.

windy night hard to get the fireworks going...

Fire, fire, fire!  :)
I wasn't feeling well on the 4th so I didn't get to partake of the firework goodness as much as I would have liked but I managed to get a few set off!

I think this was just a smoke bomb but Reese didn't care what it was he liked it all!

Abby loved it too!  They set them off for 2 hours!
Me and Greg LOVE to set things on fire.  Now don't be scared we won't come catch your house on fire or anything but we do love to set things on fire in "controlled" environments.  So because of this obsession we try our hardest to figure out a trip to K.C. over 4th of July so we set fireworks off!
Missouri basically has no laws when it comes to fireworks, except no bottle rockets (rats;) because they do not have burn ban laws (actually everything is flooding up there so no worries there!)
Anyways we had (including the kiddos) a blast setting off fireworks all weekend.  The kids learned the in's and out's of fireworks and besides one firework blowing up in Reese's hand we were all good:/  No worries it was a little black cat and he was more scared then hurt!  He's all good:)
I also have a pretty funny story about my Dad.
When he was 14 he was in shop class at school and instead of making the assigned project he made a cannon--yes, he made a weapon:/  Dad what were you thinking?:)
  It's just a little cannon with a wood base but ever since I was little my Dad would bring out the cannon, pack it with black powder and set the little sucker off.  It's SO loud, scary loud actually.  Now there were consequences for my Dad when he made the cannon and we were careful to explain that to the kids...but secretly I am pretty proud of my Dad for making such a clever piece out of metal and wood at such a young age;)   Dad you are such a Renaissance Man!
Here's a video of Greg setting it off this year....

1 comment:

mustard seed said...

i to love to set fire to things! I have waaayyy to much fun burning our trash each week...we live out in the country :) Love your parent pool btw!