Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Summertime in Kansas City!

Last week the kids and I spent the week at my parents house and Greg came to join us on Friday for the holiday weekend. We wanted to wait a bit and let my Dad have some time to recover from his "eventful":( last six months.

I have lots and lots of pictures but before I get into all fun we had I wanted to give an update on my Daddy!

He's doing awesome!  I am SO proud of him.  I know he feels differently and it seems like it's gonna take forever to gain back strength but I hadn't seen him since the 3rd week of April and since then he has done amazing!
He is walking on the treadmill 17 minutes 2 times a day now AND he goes to the gym 4 days a week and lifts weights (which he just moved up in weights just the other day:)  He has great discipline and I know he will shock us all with his recovery!  Go Dad...Go!
It was great to spend the week with him and see all the progress.  One night he and Mom took the kids to see Cars 2 (which was a HUGE hit:) and then met us for dinner and took us for ice cream!  He made it the whole time and did it without complaining;) Ha!  Good job Dad!

He was also feeling well enough one day to build a car model with Reese and make a wooden tractor (Mater from Cars) with Abby.  He is back in his workshop doing what he can to keep busy....see I told you he's doing awesome:)
Here's a picture of Abby working in the workshop with Papa....it melts my heart to see him doing what he loves again.
Abby hard at work


What a blessing....what a miracle to see him doing so good!  All glory to God!  Our healer and redeemer!
Thank you Lord!!!

2 comments:

mustard seed said...

so glad to hear the good report on your dad!

Jill Vaughan said...

Awesome news!! Look forward to hearing more about your trip.