Saturday, October 29, 2011

Minute-To-Win-It!

Today we had Reese's 7th birthday party!  He wanted to have a minute-to-win-it party so we did:)
I planned about 6-7 games and hoped for the best!  It was super crazy but fun!  We had about 10 boys and 2 girls so it was a little nutty but I remained calm, most of the time! ha!
Everyone wanted to do every challenge and I didn't expect that but thankfully I planned for it so I had enough supplies to go around.  It was fun to watch the kids and I know Reese really enjoyed himself.  He said his favorite was pushing the car with the party blower (see below) because he won twice:)  that's a boy for ya huh?
I really do love planning the parties for the kids and I really don't mind it BUT I guess with the kids birthday's 10 days apart and the Rangers playing in the World's Series (I don't want to talk about it:/ --ughh!) it just makes it a little nutty around here for a few weeks/months:)
Speaking of parties I better get off of here because now that Reese's birthday party is over I need to plan Abby's!  T minus 6 days.....C.R.A.Z.Y.
Friday we will have 9 nine-year old girls spend the night.  Thank goodness girls are calmer than boys!



Let the game begin! 
Go Nathalie!  This is my friend who volunteered to show the kids the ropes:)


Cookie on the Forehead into your mouth with no hands!


you can't see it but they have Vaseline on their noses...  

...so they can pick up as many cotton balls as possible and place them in a bowl

Abby and her friend, Emilia


Ready to catch the marbles
Here they had to roll marbles to knock over the pencil.
We had marbles everywhere:)  



Eager Beavers!

Me being bossy probably:)


ok here they used straws to suck up M&M's and get as many in a bowl  as you can




Cameron was the master!  He got like 30 M&M's in his bowl in one minute!  Amazing!

You use a bday blower to puch you car over the line.  This one was a hit but the blowers kept blowing- fail:)
*if you ever want to do this have PLENTY of extra party blowers
p.s. they are very annoying when you put them in the hands of 15 plus children. 


Reese won!  Love this picture!

Reese wanted a cookie cake that had a clock on it.  I tried.  It was kinda lame but tasted good:)  Just needed to put more in more time.  Again, I blame it on the Rangers.
I have lost lots of hours of my life watching the Rangers. Well spent but still lost!  :)

Way to go Greg...perfect timing!!!  Make a wish buddy!

Gifts! Gifts! Gifts!
This is a conversation I had with Reese on Friday night (night before the party)
R-"Mom, I really want it to be tonight already!"
Me- "Why buddy?"
R- "Because then right after I wake-up and it's party time and I get to open gifts!!!"
We like birthdays around here.  Ok, lets be honest, We like GIFTS:)
Giving and receiving!!!

Check out those dirty feet.  What a boy. :)

My nephew, Charlie holding my new nephew Colson.  He's a doll.
*and that's sweet Eden (my friend Becky Brooks daughter) in the corner.  She's also a doll:)


No comments: