Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Trick or Treat!

Halloween around here brings a mixture of emotions.  Both the kids talk about it for months and then the day arrives.  I can always count on Abby to get her costume on (with few hiccups except maybe her hair and we normally can noramlly wrap that up in about 20 minutes:) but it's Reese that I can never predict!  
About 2 months ago Abby and Reese drew up a costume design for Granny to sew for Reese.  He was on a Captain America kick (remember when he painted the garbage can lid into a shield?:)
Anyways we mailed the design to Granny and she was happy to make the costume for him!  When they came to town she gave it to Reese and he loved it.  I figured we were in the clear (last year I had a crying trick or treater (baseball player) because he didn't want to be in a costume-:/)
Well Halloween came and so did the tears...see below.  This is the only picture I got of Granny with Reese in full costume...cape and all.  He doesn't look happy but thankfully the tears were for only a season...
Presenting Captain Reese!
 After a few houses and seeing some friends from church and school he began to warm up.  He did take the cape off but he started to smile.  His teacher from school lives 5 houses down from us and as you can see he was very happy to see her!  The evening turned out to be a hit and Granny and Papa got to join in on all the fun!  Very thankful for that!


I didn't get a great picture of Abby in her costume...she was Princess Leia.  She loves Star Wars and she wanted to be a Ninji but I had to veto that one....a girl a Ningi,what?  She's a funny duck that Abby:)
Well I was able to get her hair to look like the real Princess Leia and she was pleased with that!
The kids got a ton of candy and actually this year they really scored in the chocolate department!
Way to go neighbors! Greg and I were pleased:)
Princess Leia
-bad lightening but my friend got a good picture and she is going to send it to me and I'll post it later.

No comments: