Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Tale of Two Earrings

Happy to be done!

Abby got her ear pierced for her birthday and I have been meaning to blog about it forever but I'm glad I didn't because Friday we were sad to find out she had to take them out:(
I got a call from school that Abby was at the nurse.  Her ear was infected and the nurse suggested we take the earrings out because in just a few short hours her ear lobe had doubled in size and completely swelled around the earring and you couldn't see the earring anymore:/
After school I took her to the doctor and found out she is allergic to the nickel in the earring --I should have guessed, I'm allergic to the nickel too:(
She really didn't want to take them out and was sad she wouldn't be getting earrings for Christmas but she understood.
 It was pretty crazy trying to get that earring out!  I couldn't even see it to pull it out and she was wiggling like a worm! I finally did get it after about an hour of talking her into it:/  She kept saying, "Just a second, just second...I'm not ready!"  I told her she was never gonna be ready!!! :)  It was gonna hurt she was gonna have to deal with it!
 I'm not sure she will want to do it again anytime in the near future but I told her she didn't need to make a decision just yet:)
My guess she won't get her ears pierced again until she's about 16...we'll see;)

2 comments:

Faith said...

same thing happened to me when I was little. I had to get them pierced again... which took a few years... but eventually the desire to wear earrings won out:)

Krista said...

Tell Abby I was 27 when I got my ears pierced - so no hurry!!! (I held out for diamond earrings from Scott!)