Thursday, November 10, 2011

Reese at a glance...

I wanted to do write down what ways we have seen each of our kids grow/learn this year for their birthdays...I did Abby (see next post) and now for Reese:


Reese is now 7 and is a bundle of energy.  He is always wanting to express his love for you and is quick to melt in your arms. Cuddling is his favorite sport:)  He is going to be a awesome husband, he understands peoples feelings and his heart aches when others ache.  He loves for me to do "Slice, Slice, Slice" on his back every night (it's a back rub song I sing) and wants me to sleep with him every night.  He still has a small piece of his receiving blanket that he had when he was a baby that he carries around.  He has broken himself of sucking his thumb but "sometimes he forgets":)  He loves crackers, mac and cheese and fruit snacks from Costco. He still pees most mornings off the back porch and thinks it's funny to write his name in pee on the fence:) Boys.are.so.funny:)  He rocks my world...he fills me with joy.  I am so proud of him.
He has been into football lately and says he doesn't want to play baseball in the spring...we will see if he changes his mind:)  He still runs around the house with only underwear on and loves to be around people.

He is a party in himself.

He doesn't like to keep money lying around...it burns a hole in his pocket.  Everything is his favorite thing.  Everything excites him and he loves new clothes.  He can pick out a great outfit for me when we shop...he's got a great eye.  He loves to watch old videos of himself and our family. He loves for you to tell stories about him...he thinks he so funny;) When he gets in the car after school almost everyday he has a new joke for me.  He's a character.
He could still use an afternoon nap after school and if I make him lay him down he will fall asleep in 2 seconds.
He is thoughtful, sensitive and grieves deeply when someone doesn't like him or makes fun of him.  He desires to be loved yet is still learning to be a good sport, not quit and treat others how he wants to be treated.  I see great potential in him and I pray everyday for him to see himself the way the Lord does--holy and blameless.  I pray he will be a man of God that hungers and thirsts for righteousness and counts others as more important than himself.
He is a joy to have around and we are blessed to be his parents.
I can't wait to see what he will be when he grows up but I am confident of this;
...goodness and love will follow him all the days of his life!  from Ps. 23
We love you Reese and have treasured these last 7 years....lets make it a 100 more;)

No comments: