Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Abby!

Shame on me for not blogger earlier!!  I have been so busy and when I do have down time I just feeling like staring at a wall:)
Ok so Abby turned 9 years old on Monday and wow was she excited to have a day all dedicated to her!  I heard her say, "Mom, since it's my birthday..." a hundred times;)  That's my girl!  ha!
We, of course, woke her up to a cupcake and candle but then she wanted ice cream, strawberries and whip cream for breakfast so the cupcake was eaten later!
She had to go to school but was excited to get her birthday book from her class and my parents and I were coming for lunch and bringing Panda Express (orange chicken) so she was thrilled:)
After school Granny took her shopping and she got a new outfit and black boots at Justice. We then headed over to eat at Cheesecake Factory with Greg, Reese and Papa.  She had orange chicken again:/ and she was happy about that..ha!  Too much for my taste but it's her birthday she's the queen;)
Greg and I got her an electric scooter and she has been loving it!  We told her she still needed to get exercise on her bike and scooter so it's been pretty funny to watch her ride then run over and get on her other scooter and say look Mom I'm getting exercise just like I said I would:)  haha!
It was a fun day celebrating Abby, we love you sweetie!

Over this past year we have seen her grow up so much.
She is a goof ball and wants to be a singer.  She won't sing in front of you but some days if I'm lucky I can stand at her door and hear her beautiful voice...she is gifted.  She has a great concern and love for people.  She is still learning how to express that but I see the Lord developing that in her each day.  She is the one that reaches out to the lonely, friendless and the lame.  She is a true gift to all she meets.  She is more and more beautiful everyday, her heart just beams through her.  She will NOT cut her hair even if I payed her 100 bucks.  She is an individual, she won't be easy to tempt when she's a teenager...she's got a good head on her shoulders.  She is very determined.  She wants to be a pilot and talks daily about how she will pay for college.  She talks of working at Chickfila so she can get a scholarship.  She saves her money like crazy...I am proud of her.
She really enjoys reading and can read a book in about 2 days.  She loves coffee and anything sweet.  Her favorite thing to do with me is go to the coffee shop and read or play a game.  She loves playing chess with Greg and her and Reese like building tents and playing in the tree house together.  If you can't find her look in the tree house she'll be there reading a book.  She loves I love Lucy, Loony Toons and Food Network. She still hates Math but is getting better and more confident everyday! She has gotten more affectionate and open to showing her feelings.  She still really hates getting in trouble or disappointing anyone but we are watching her learn to process her feelings and is a stable and wise little girl.
I have really been focusing on praying for Abby to be teachable and let the Lord have full control of her heart.  Greg and I desire to see her love the Lord above all else and have a desire to get in His Word and hide it in her heart.
I am excited to see what this year has in store...we are blessed beyond measure to get to spend it with her.
We love you Abby!


Wake-up sweet girl!!

Grandma Reese brought by a gift for her....she got some art canvas'!  Good pick Grandma!!

Lucy got into the birthday fun:)

Abby and Grandma Reese

getting her scooter!

Hooray!

It goes pretty fast!

me and my Mom:)

No comments: