Monday, October 03, 2011

Reese got an Expander!

A few weeks back Reese got an expander put in his mouth.  He will have to wear it for one year and will get 4 braces across the front of his teeth in a few months.  They are not trying to straighten his teeth right now but are trying to make room for 2 more teeth to grow in.  This is phase 1 and hopefully when he is 12 he won't need to get braces again!  Although both the kids want braces...I guess I made it so cool that they want to be like me;) haha!  It's weird how cool it is to have braces now--when I was a kid NO one wanted braces!
Here's a video I took the night he got his expander...he talks so cute:)
It's been almost 2 weeks now and he is already talking normal and is eating pretty good.  He gets ALOT of stuff stuck in it and it's pretty nasty but thankfully he is old enough to clean it out himself:)

No comments: