Thursday, November 16, 2006

Texas Bound!

well sorry it has been so long I have been going through withdraws not blogging for so long:) well not really but I would have blogged but we were busy sitting on a plane all day yesterday!
Ok so this is the best worst story on an airplane ever:)...all I can say is that we deserve a reward after what we went through....
So we get to the airport about 9:15am or so for our 10am flight...oh and by the way Greg had to stay and work a few more days so I was ALONE with the kids (remember this as you read:) anyways about 9:30 they tell us we will not be taking off till 12:15pm because of windy weather in Dallas and we wouldn't be loading until around 11:30 or so...well you can imagine what I was thinking....WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I GONNA DO WITH A 2 AND 4 YEAR OLD FOR 2 HOURS? Well I must say I was ready to cry...Greg couldn't come get us because of work and if we left I was afraid that we would miss the plane if did end up leaving early...so we set up camp in a nearby corner and I pulled out all the tricks...play dough, coloring, I even got them ice cream at 9:45 am oh yes we broke all the rules...they were on a sugar high before 10am:)
well 11:30 rolled around rather slowly I might add and we were loading the plane very happy to get going....we started down the runway and I kid you not they stopped and turned around...they came over the speaker and said we would be parking until we are cleared for take-off...I was thinking oh maybe 10 minutes or so....oh NO NO NO it was almost 2 hours...I am not kidding...don't laugh it was terrible! I must say I was about to flip out and throw a tantrum....surprising the kids were fine...they were actually wonderful all these days that I wondered if our discipline was sticking...well they did awesome...I seriously couldn't believe that they were better than the grown men around us....they were pouting and Abby and Reese were laughing and playing..nuts I tell ya! Well we finally took off around 1:20pm or so and then we had a 3 hour and 20 minute flight....Ughhhhh! I can't believe we made it without being committed upon arrival! I am very thankful to be off that plane!

We will be here in Texas for two weeks for a long Thanksgiving visit so we will have some great pictures...I am unable to get my computer working though so on Saturday Greg gets in town and he will get us up and going to see some great pictures! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

TKB said...

Hey- maybe we can get together over the break. Travis and I will be around all week!!!
Beth

Cakes by Faith said...

I don't know what I would do with my one... can't imagine how you faired with two kiddos!! Great going!