Friday, February 12, 2010

1 Foot of Snow in TEXAS!

Are you kidding me??? This is AWESOME! As of last night we had about 8 inches of snow and this morning we were super surprised to find that about 4 more inches came down over night!
The kids hadn't been up an hour before we got all of our clothes on and headed out to play! We just came back in from building our snow fort (I was freezing because we had been out there 2 hours...I think the kids could go all day but I told them we needed to warm up:) It has been so fun playing and I am still in shock that we have this much snow down south! I know this is small potatoes according to the rest of the country but it's a big deal for us!!! Good times!
I went out first thing this morning and got some beautiful pictures and was able to get some great pictures of the kids too! Don't you just love snow??? It's my FAVORITE!!!! ~now if I could just go skiing....now that would be thrilling!!!!!!




This tree does not normally touch the ground!

So deep! The kids were running and just diving in the snow! I am SO happy they are getting to experience this because it makes for some awesome memories!

Very cute! She doesn't care how cold she gets she just keeps going...what a trooper:)

In some places in our yard the snow was half way up our shins!

This is our house with snow on it....never thought I would get a picture like this!

Our neighbors house looked so crazy....check out those bushes?? Seriously is someone tricking us? We can't be in Texas can we????:) Weird.

How adorable is this? He was in heaven!

thought I would take this to show how deep the snow is....the sign is almost covered

Reese got tired and is taking a break. He kept putting his drink in the snow to keep cold....built in cooler....too funny!

Greg came out again for his lunch break and helped with the fort---he's a master builder:)

Not quite finished with the fort but the kids are having fun playing in it anyway. We are gonna go back out here soon and finish the roof---it's almost 5 feet tall! NUTS!

No comments: