Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School!!! First Day of School!!


Ready for school!

Daddy's so proud:)

My sweet 2nd grader

Walking into school

Reese walking into class

putting his bag away--he knew just what to do--Abby told him;)

Figuring out how things work each morning

So proud/sad to see him go but so happy for this new chapter in his life

Abby walking to her class

good-bye kisses

"ok, mom enough already!" :) haha!

Reese is all smiles at pick-up....he LOVED it!

The kids had a great first day of school! This is Reese's first day in Kindergarten so not only was it a big day for him but it was a big day for me. I can't believe I have been a stay-at-home Mom for 8 years! It has been a great adventure and I won't trade it for anything but I am definitely ready for a new chapter in my life. I truely feel like a new "expanded" ministry begins for me. I love to invest in young womans lives and this is just gonna give me so much more time to minister and disciple which makes me so excited. Bring it on Lord, I'm available!
I wasn't super sad today surprisingly, I was actually more excited to see what the Lord will do from here. He is so good to always be working and using everyday life to dramatically change lives and draw people close to Him. I am excited that the kids get to meet other kids and get to share the love of Christ with them. I wait expectantly to see what will happen but I am confident it will be amazing!

I pray that the kids love school and that they will learn to see blessings even in the mundane of life (aka 13 years of schooling;) I know for me school was kind of a beating but as I look back now it modeled me into the woman I am today, weather good or bad I learned to make decisions, resist temptation, follow directions:) thus training me to be a follower of Christ--who knew school was so beneficial in our spiritual life??:)

Ok, I didn't mention Abby yet:) She is starting 2nd grade and wasn't as excited as Reese sadly. I think she's caught on that the bigger the number the more the work....she's a smart cookie:) I am a bit concerned for her with school. She doesn't like it much and really doesn't like change so each year/day is tough for her. My prayer is that she embraces the change sees the good in it and has joy no matter whats she doing! If you think of her please pray the same....it would be much appreciated--thanks!

1 comment:

Misty said...

We're always praying for that sweet girl. :)