Monday, August 30, 2010

One Tooth Down!


It's gone! Notice his big tooth growing behind...weird.

Very happy little boy...now that the bleeding stopped!

Last night Reese "allowed":) Greg to pull his tooth FINALLY! Oh geez it's been crazy watching this whole process.... let me explain.
When Reese was just a baby about 4 months old he started teething his first tooth which began a LONG painful journey for Reese. Sadly he doesn't teeth like other kids (well like the majority of other kids) When he has a tooth come in before is breaks through the surface he develops a blood blister of sorts and it begins to form a hard callous thus making it almost impossible and VERY painful for the tooth to break through. Well he teethed 7 teeth like this and it made for a terrible teething experience for everyone involved:/ (our household/Reese being kept awake for nights on end until those suckers broke through) One time we even had to take him to the Dentist and they almost had to slit his gum open to help the process along...yikes it gives me the hibby gibbys even thinking about it!!! Well he now has all his baby teeth and I was so dreading the next teething cycle when his big teeth came in. Thankfully no blisters have formed yet (and hopefully NEVER) but the Dentist told me to be on the look out and bring him in asap if one forms. Teething his grown up teeth can be even more painful if blisters form!
He did have a weird thing happen this time though. His big teeth have already grown in BEHIND his baby teeth before they fell out? Weird right? Well I have come to the conclusion that my sweet boy takes after me...we are both weird! ha! You can't predict our next move but you can always guarantee it's gonna be an adventure:)
Yay for you Reese...way to lose your teeth with style!

~Here's a funny video of me and Abby trying to pull out his tooth.
Later that same day Greg was successful and after much blood and few tears Reese was a happy camper!
*Oh I forgot to tell the tooth fairy story.
Ok well Greg and I both really stink at remembering that WE are actually the tooth fairy. It never fails we both forget to take the tooth and leave the money...oops!:/ Well last night we did indeed forget again and I had to scramble to find a dollar this morning and had to tell Reese (after slipping the dollar under the pillow when he was already awake) that the tooth fairy must have left the tooth (because I couldn't grab it before he did) for Mommy because she knew I would want it? Ha! I guess he bought it? I gotta be honest I am NOT a fan of these imaginary people, like the tooth fairy and Santa, and was happy when Reese said, "Mommy, I think that Jesus is actually my tooth fairy!" I said, "Well Reese just remember He is the only one that we need to count on because He's real!"
I hope he read between the lines...because it took everything in me to not rat on that fake tooth fairy!!!:)

2 comments:

Misty said...

Hailey had the same thing happen with her teeth. They grew in almost all the way before the baby teeth came out. The dentist was going to pull them (under sedation) because her teeth were not getting loose. So, we wiggled and wiggled and finally got them out. She did not want to get them cut out and I didnt want to cost of it. $200 per tooth. Yikes!!!

Way to Go Reese!!!

We tend to forget the tooth fairy job as well. We have used several tricks. Thankfully it has all worked. Our tooth fairy has left teeth for mommy and daddy as well :)

Krista said...

Go Reese!!! (And Greg!)
The video is hilarous! As a kid, I HATED pulling my teeth, so I totally sympathize with Reese. I would let a tooth dangle by a thread for weeks in fear of pulling it. I sometimes wonder if Sienna will be following in my 'bad teething' steps, as well. Poor thing only has 3 teeth so far! :)