Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Where do I begin??

We just got back from a vacation....
Oh geez this is always so hard and I feel so much pressure to recap all that happens when we are on vacation! I want to do it justice, I mean, I really want to capture everything but when I look over the millions of pictures we took I get a little overwhelmed:/

Well after thinking about it ALL day I have decided to retell the story over a series of posts. As I feel inspired and get the time;) I will do my best to tell you all how much fun we had!

Well first I could tell you where we went-ha! The four of us took a 7-day cruise to Honduras, Belize and Cozumel. We were all so ready for a vacation. Greg has been crazy stressed at work and has been working on his masters so life around here is NUTS! The night before we left Greg finished his last final so he was ready to go by the skin of his teeth!

We departed out of New Orleans so we had a long 10 hour drive on Friday so we were ready to board the ship on Saturday. The drive was super easy since we drive that same distance to KC a few times a year...thank you Granny and Papa for living so far away so we had the practice;)
We had a couple days at sea before we reached Belize so I think I will dedicate this first blog to the most popular thing on a cruise...THE FOOD!
Oh man did we eat. I at least tried to eat good and worked out pretty often and still gained over 5 pounds...yikes! Greg gained about 10 and we are both paying for it this week:( ~it was worth it though! The kids and Greg were in heaven....food heaven:) Greg is adamant about the kids trying all foods so wow were our kids cultured this past week. They both ate duck, escargot, mussels, sushi, scallops, lobster, steak (which they love and didn't protest:) rack of lamb, mahi mahi and several other different types of fish.
The really actually liked it all even the mussels which I would NOT try...sorry I have texture issues and I knew I would throw-up on the table! Reese said the mussels tasted like burnt macaroni--hum, not sure if that's true but it was funny none the less:) Greg did have to bribe the kids to eat the mussels---he bought them a coke:)
The desserts were my personal favorite. I would forgo dinner any day for a chocolate melting cake! I would say my favorite and all of us for that matter was the chocolate melting cake. It was basically brownie batter barely baked with ice cream..bliss!
One night the waiter filled our table with ALL of the desserts on the menu. So we had 7 desserts to share between the 4 of us. NO we didn't finish them all but we gave it the ol' college try:) Reese was satisfied with orange sherbet every night but Abby could put away a chocolate melting cake by herself---she's crazy!
Even though we enjoyed eating for those 7 days we are were all ready to get back to our normal routine. You can only maintain that amount of calorie intake for so long:) Enjoy the pics!

Abby and Daddy ready to eat

We are ready too!:)

Every night after dinner I got a cup of coffee....trying to soothe my bulging tummy:)

Greg took this picture of Reese through the dinner glasses...cool shot I thought.

Trying duck...do we like it??

She cleared her plate and asked for more the next night! Success!

Eating Beignets at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans

This is where we ate every night

Anyone seen the desserts?? Wow, a bit overboard I'd say:)

I wish I could say I abstained but I didn't...I had a great tiramisu---my favorite to date!

1 comment:

Vaughn and Kay Bradley said...

Looks like you had a great time in NOLA ... my niece Annie works at some posh restaurant there ...she would of treated you like royalty. Fun City!