Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finalized!

Last night Greg and Reese were in his room talking for a long time and when Reese came out he told me he was FOR SURE a Christian!  This is (of course) is amazing news for anyone but beyond that it is such an answer to prayer for Greg and I.  See one year ago May 5th Reese asked Jesus in his heart but Greg and I never felt completely at peace with his decision. We really wanted to be careful that he wasn't just being a Christian because everyone else in his family was.  We wanted it to be HIS decision between him and the Lord and Greg and I both felt that the Lord would give us a peace about his decision if it were "legit" and He never did.
Well last night the Lord not only gave us a peace but He gave my son eternal LIFE!  How thrilling and how wonderful to feel the Lord's hand all over HIS decision!  Praise the Lord!  So Reese's "new" Christian birthday is January 22nd!  Looks like I have a Jesus in my heart party to plan....better get busy;)
And also Reese is chomping at the bits to get baptized!  He asked to do it this morning but we thought my parents and Greg's parents might want to be there;)  Better get here soon Granny and PaPa because Reese tried to baptized himself in the bathtub last night....not sure how long I can hold him off:)

1 comment:

Krista said...

Awesome & wonderful news!!! Eager to see how God is glorified in Reese's life as he grows! Love you all!