Friday, December 07, 2007

Breckenridge Colorado


Reese throwing a snowball at me while I take his picture. You can see the frosty flying missile in the top left of the picture.


Abby and I on the top of the mountian!


Greg and I pulling the kids up the hill to go sledding--they have it so easy!


Super cute Reese playing in the snow!


Pro skier Abigail!--I am a proud mama!

This week we have been skiing in Colorado with my parents. The first day we got here we put the kids in ski school and they really loved it! By the next morning Abby was skiing all by herself and wanted NO help from us. Reese is still a bit young but he has great balance and can fly down the hill like a crazy man--scary! Tuesday Greg and I got to take Abby out on the mountain and we skiied about 3 hours and the only reason we stopped was because my knee was about to kill me (imagine snow plowing backwards down hill for 3 hours--I was going backwards so I could watch Abby and make sure she was not headed for a tree:) Anyways we have had so much fun and I have even gotten to go ski on my own a bit so I could ski some more challenging runs:)

Today we took the kids sledding and wow that was tiring---you go down the hill so fast but it takes soooo long to walk back up! After we sledded for awhile we played at a park while it was snowing--it was so fun! Greg and Abby built a fort while Reese and I got nailed by snowballs!

I love the snow and am so glad the kids are getting to play in it for the week--snow was such a big part of my life growing up and it makes me so happy to see them enjoying all the stuff I loved as a kid--how special:)
--I also posted some videos of the kids skiing so check those out and these 5 pictures do not do this trip justice so be expecting more pictures soon!

2 comments:

The "W" Family said...

what fun family memories! I can't wait till the boys are old enough to go skiing. Hey, do you care if I add your link on my blog?

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I think my skiing level is at Abby's, which is sad since I'm 20+ years older. Ha, ha.