Sunday, December 23, 2007

Stamps Christmas


Crazy picture but it captures the moment so well:)

Abby's new Christmas dress--beautiful!

Reese couldn't wait to rip into his gifts!

The grandchildren acting out the Christmas story

Greg showing off his new toy!


Tonight we went over to Greg's parents house to open Christmas gifts! We had lots of fun and this year Greg decided he really didn't want to give everyone gift cards so about a month ago we started brainstorming some "different" gift ideas and I think we did pretty good!
Greg picked out a remote control mini helicopter for his dad and it ends up Jerry picked out the same helicopter for Greg--crazy huh? (I always say how much Greg and Jerry remind me of each other but this is a bit ridiculous don't ya think?:) Then a few months ago Anglea ( my sister-in-law) was telling me she wanted for her and Doug to go indoor rock climbing sometime so we decided to get them a gift card there--yes I realize this is a gift card but it still fits in our "different" category! Greg and Doug also used to be really into baseball card trading and he thought it would be fun to get Doug some 1980's baseball card packs. Now I must admit I was a bit skeptical with this gift but it ends up Doug really liked it!
Oh also something really cute that Debbie and Jerry did was put together a movie of each of the grandkids telling the Christmas story. They did pretty good and where they slacked in some details of the story they made up with their singing:) The kids also had been practicing with MawMaw to act out the Christmas story and each of the kids played a part--Abby loved being Mary and Reese got to be a shepherd (he kept whacking the ground with his staff--I guess he was keeping his sheep in line?)
Well we have already started off Christmas with a bang and it isn't even Christmas Eve yet--yippee............I love Christmas!!

...well this is a first---I was so excited about telling you all about giving gifts that I forgot to tell you what I got:) I was so blessed this year (as always). I got a Willow Tree Nativity which I have been wanting forever and I also got money to go shopping for clothes....yeah! (Anglea and I are heading out first thing in the morning to go catch some sales---crazy, yes, but so great all at the same time! I so hope each of you have a wonderful Christmas and that all of you get to enjoy giving as much as we did! Merry Christmas!

No comments: