Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Still Got It!


Ok so first I have a confession--I am a closet Nintendo Champion.
I thought I was in recovery, but a few weeks ago I had a relapse! Whenever we go to Kansas City Greg and I go over and hangout at Krista and Scott's house ( my best friends from youth group) anyways we always overstay our welcome:) and this time was no exception! Round about midnight Scott breaks out Super Mario Brothers and that was the beginning of the end for me. Krista took this picture of me when I was trying to beat it after 10 years of not playing and to my surprise it all came back to me! (how does someone remember how to "warp" but can't remember what the topic of her senior paper in college was? scary!)
Anyways my favorite part of this story is the reaction of Greg. He was shocked that he knew nothing about my love for Nintendo. He kept saying, " you think you know a person after 10 years!"
I must admit I can play this game all night and can't wait to go back to KC to play again. (the other day I tried to bribe my friend's kid to put this game on his Wii---pathetic) --he said, " no, that's a stupid game" Ouch!

**Well I hope some of you out there can appreciate my ability:) ...by the way I can beat Super Mario Brothers 2 also---top that! hehe!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the look on your face is sooo funny! i was never any good at mario bro but i can play a mean duck hunt!

Anonymous said...

That was a great moment! Love it and can't wait for you to come back for more!

Jill Vaughan said...

i hope that wasn't my kid. i love super mario too and i can't wait to get it.