Sunday, March 29, 2009

Back to OBU!


Me,Hayley, Mallory, Emily, and Abigail at OBU!

This picture is for Greg. This is the house he lived in during college- 311 West Georgia. I miss that house! Not sure who lives there now but I'm sure they didn't mind me on their porch:)


Saturday morning I went back to my alma mater, Oklahoma Baptist University, to show some of my Sunday School girls the campus. Greg and I teach juniors in high school at church and a few of the girls (Abigail, Emily and Hayley) had shown some interest in the school so I thought it would be fun to have a road trip! I haven't been back in years so I was so excited to go and show the girls the campus!
Now OBU is a small private college so it doesn't take long to give a tour of the campus. It was also SNOWING (more like a blizzard--no kidding-Oklahoma wind is brutal:) and that made it very unpleasant to walk around so we took the "quick" tour!
They had done a lot of renovations to the campus so it was fun to see all that had changed. We got to go through one of the girls dorms because one of our youth from last year (Mallory) went to OBU this year. It was fun to see her and she was able to show the girls even more than I could...I graduated in 2001 so it's been a while since OBU was graced with my presence:)
Well like I said it is a small school so after our 45 minute tour and some driving around town we headed to OKC to show them there was more to OBU than just Shawnee--which it not very impressive. :)
We were able to go to this absoluetly adorable coffee shop that some of my friends from college opened a few months back. It's called Cuppies and Joe --they sell all kinds of cupcakes and have great coffee....if you are ever in OKC look them up- it's a must see and you will just love the atmosphere! The girls loved the coffee shop too and hated to leave--they even tried to talk me into starting a cute little coffee shop here in Texas--it's very tempting--I LOVE to bake and have a ton of coffee shop experience but when I mentioned it to Greg he just laughed....do you think that means he doesn't think it's a good idea????:) Anyone out there want to go into business...give me a call!

Anyways we had a great road trip and it was fun to spend the day with the girls! They seemed to like OBU as far as I could tell--they were surprised how small it was but I think they hopefully got a glimpse of how great OBU really is!
Go Bison! ...yes our mascot was a Bison--awesome huh? Gotta love Oklahoma!

No comments: