Friday, March 13, 2009

Oh Happy Day!


digging in at the Cheesecake Factory!


Reese and Abby got a little carried away with the whip cream--Daddy kinda started it all:)

My Birthday cake--Abby was very concerned that I wouldn't have one because I always make the cakes for everyone! Smart girl that Abby.

Abby's gift to me---cake mix and icing

Reese got me my favorite gum and some chocolate covered raisins! Nice!

Thursday was my 31st Birthday! I must say I thought 31 would hurt a little more than 30 because I would be officially "into" my 30's!;) But that sure didn't matter after all was said and done because I felt very loved and celebrated and couldn't be more happy to be 31!!! (even with Greg hackling me for the next 6 weeks that he's still 30--thanks for that Greg) ...yes I am 6 weeks older than Greg:)
I got some very thoughtful gifts from the kids and Greg. The kids both had saved their money to buy me something very special (and so did Greg:) Reese bought me some gum and some chocolate covered raisins--two of my favorite things:) Abby got me a cake mix and icing because she really wanted me to have a cake and she wanted to make it with me! She helped with the whole thing and even wrote Happy Birthday Mommy on it with blue icing! Both were so thoughtful and I couldn't have asked for anything more!
Greg was really struggling with what to get me. He is always very intentional with his gifts and really wants to get just the right thing for me. But I think this time he just couldn't narrow it down...poor guy! He finally had to come to me and ask me and together we decided on a new watch. (and not a cheap Wal-mart watch that has a bad battery....speaking from experience!)
So together we went shopping and found the perfect one and I love it!
We also went to the Cheesecake Factory to have dinner-again! I have gone to the same place for the past 3 years-- I'm a creature of habit..what can I say?:)
Anyways it was a great day! I absoluetly love Birthday's and was kinda sad to go to bed on Thursday because I knew it was all over!:(
Well Thursday ended up not being the last Birthday celebration because on Saturday all of Greg's side of the family came over to have ice cream cake (so yummy) and give me gifts! We had a great time together and the kids even put on a little show for us--good times!
Well I guess I'll have to wait a whole 'nother year until my next "me day" luckily though Abby reminded me today that Mother's Day is just around the corner! (she always knows how to cheer me up:)

No comments: