Thursday, October 15, 2009

Texas State Fair

This past Sunday we had tickets to see Mary Poppins at Fair Park in Dallas. We found out that you could get in free to the State Fair of Texas the same day of the musical so we decided to make a day of it! I had never been to the State Fair before and was excited to see what all it had to offer. Well, we figured out quickly it's a huge rip off! I am sorry, but really it was ridiculous! Now, of course, the kids didn't notice or mind so they had fun so I am happy:) We decided to splurge and all go on the Ferris Wheel for the low, low cost of $25--crazy huh? Although, honestly Greg and I were happy to do it because the kids were SO excited--actually they were giddy-it was great! After our ride we went searching for fried things (Greg's goal of the whole trip:) We ended up trying the fried snickers and the fried Oreos. We really were wanting fried peaches and cream or fried butter but the lines were insane and it was raining so we opted out! (we didn't want it that bad!:) ~for all you non-Texans out there the State Fair here is known for their creative fried foods....pretty perfect for the fattest state in the country huh?:)
We then headed over to see Mary Poppins and it was incredible! Both the kids loved the show and the songs were so great! Abby and Reese started to get pretty tired close to the end but Abby insisted that we stay---she was enamored by the whole thing:)
Anyways we had a great time together and I always love doing different things with the kids---you gotta mix it up every now and again to keep life exciting:)
So after all the adventure here's my advice (for all it's worth:)
*If you haven't seen Mary Poppins the musical it's a must see. If you are wanting to head out to the state fair sometime, don't--just save your money and take your kids to one of those parking lot carnivals. (it's pretty much the same minus Big Tex;) ~oh and the fried stuff I guess but if you want it that bad you could do it yourself ....purchasing your own deep fryer would be cheaper I promise!
*Sorry all you Texans out there....Greg told me I might get some grief but seriously, I know I'm not the only one that thinks it's super overrated right???? :)
*oh by the way we never get pictures at the musicals because they take your camera away if they see it---I learned this the hard way early on in the season:)



Texas sized Ferris Wheel--huge!!! It was so fun!

Have I mentioned heights kinda freak me out? Well, they DO! (and we were really high!!!:)

Some very happy kids....priceless!

waiting in line....they were so anxious they could barely stand it!

There's Big Tex....he's big alright! Greg and I were laughing because he's kinda creepy and no one seems to notice:)



No comments: