Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Braces


 I have avoided for the past 11 months posting anything on here about my braces.
One- because I hate everything about them.:)
Two- because I don't really want to remember I ever had to get them:/

But now that I am 13 DAYS from getting them off I thought I would share the good news!!!  YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!
As of right now I have 6 rubber bands all kris-crossed crazy like throughout my mouth and I am about to go insane.  Yet, I will be patient it is almost over!!! Thank you Lord!
For those of you that don't know, I had to get braces last May to avoid a future surgery on my jaw.  I fought it for 2 years and finally was backed in a corner.  Either humble myself and get braces and spend $4,000 or let nature take it course and pay $15,000 or more to have my jaw broken, wired and then get braces.  I think I picked the right choice don't you?:)
Well anyways I have been really thinking long and hard about if I should take a picture of myself right now so you can see the before and after pictures but I'm debating....should I subject myself to such pain?  The pain of having evidence that I really did look like this??? ha!  hummmm...I don't know it's a tough decision:)

I wanted to show my parents how funny it looks with all these crazy rubber bands in my mouth so I guess I will:)  This is for you Mom and Dad...you better feel loved:)
I get my braces off April 11th and that is the day I leave for KC to spend the week with my Daddy (and Mommy;)  so they will not get to see me all "wired" shut:)
ok well here it goes....please don't judge! :)  We all have awkward years...this was "one" of mind;)

I can't believe I am doing this....ughh!



yep thats right thats as far as I can open my mouth...no joke:/
IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT....IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT!!
Pretty hilarious huh?  Go ahead laugh it up....I can take it:)


2 comments:

The "W" Family said...

okay, i think you look cute...seriously, you pull if off well. I just got through having my 2nd oral surgery so that I could keep my teeth. if this doesn't work, I am seriously considering dentures. to me it sounds great, i could throw them in a bowl of bleach anytime they got a little stained and they'd always be perfectly straight :)

Becky said...

Thank you Catherine! (even though you're lying:) and yes, I agree dentures sound like a great idea;)