Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just a thought...

I was thinking today as I was sitting on the couch listening to Reese read me a book (and reading quite well I might add:) that I think Greg and I are pretty much done parenting...
And these are the reasons why:
1.  We kept each of our kids alive for the first year of their lives.  For awhile there I was doubting us:)
2.  They are both potty trained.
3.  They both know how to read.
4. They both have surrendered their lives to Jesus Christ and been baptized. *most important!
5.  They wipe their own bottoms:)
6.  They can tie their own shoes and get dresses all by themselves.
7.  They know and appreciate the Beatles and Johnny Cash music.
8.  They will eat pretty much any food if we pay them a quarter to try it...ha!  Hey at least it's cheap for us:)
9.  We taught them that good BBQ beats a happy meal every time.
10.  They'd just assume watch Food Network or Baseball instead of cartoons.
11.  They can each take a shower by their self.  

Seems to me they can move out anytime and be self sufficient ....don't ya think?

Ok, ok I know we are not done but gee after thinking about it our little kiddos have accomplished alot in not too many years:)  Way to go kids!
Now we move onto teaching "responsibly (without me reminding them:) and dependence on God" phase....this should be interesting:)
Let the games begin!! ha!

No comments: