Saturday, March 19, 2011

Kansas City again:)

The kids had spring break this week so we decided it would be a good time to finally bring the kids up to see Papa.  We headed out Friday night and drove all the way there.  Saturday was my Birthday so it was an awesome Birthday gift to see my Dad getting better so fast!!  He changed hospitals and it just happens to be the hospital I was born in...crazy right?  It was cool to show the kids where I was born and was kinda weird being there the exact day 21 years later;)  ha just kidding I'm really 28:)
Anyways after visiting my Dad we went over to the Lee's Summit St. Patty's Day parade with my sister and her son.  The kids had a blast gathering all the candy that was thrown to them and it was a beautiful day!
I love downtown Lee's Summit!  They have done such a great job renovating the city and it's so quaint.  It's reminds me of downtown Breckenridge...sure wish I went skiing this year:( 
We ended up only staying until Tuesday because there really wasn't a ton to do since Dad and Mom were at the hospital during the days.  My Dad's room was tiny and the kids were a bit rambunctious for a quite hospital room:)  Yikes!
I am not sure when I will return but plan to go help Dad when Mom goes back to work. 
Oh yeah, I have good news. 
 Dad went home today!  He called me and he was sitting in the living room in his new recliner!! Yay!  I know after 45 days in the hospital he is ready to be home...we are too! 
Love you Dad!  Glad you are better....really glad! 


first picture he let me take:)

me in front of the hospital I was born in on my Birthday!

waiting for the parade to begin

me and Christi

me and Greg in downtown LS

Chilling out with the kids watching the DIY network:)  

first time to see Papa!

My Daddy....I love him a lot.

1 comment:

Krista said...

So glad your dad is HOME!!! I bet he is so happy! Happy belated 28th birthday.... hee, hee. :)