Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Reese's Kindergarten Performance

walking in 

move your head kid! :)


One very happy boy.


Tuesday night all the kindergarten classes came together to perform a Night of Colors.  Reese’s group was the color red so he was insistent about getting a new red t-shirt for the big night.  I told him he could just wear one of his 1 million Rangers t-shirts but he wasn’t excited about that idea.  He said it had to have NO design on it and just had to be plain and red.  I decided it wasn’t something to put a fuss up about so we headed to the store and found one on clearance…scoreJ
Reese cracks me up and even sometimes infuriates me about his clothes.  To keep it a short story he is PICKY….super picky about his clothes.  Either they are too itchy, too small, the tag itches his neck, the collar bugs him or it’s TOO ITCHY…did I say that? J
 Greg and I have tried many different tactics to try and break him of this behavior.(the flipping out behavior) We have told him it’s ok to have preference but he can’t just flip out to get his way.  And some have half worked but probably the most successful and less painful one is the “pick your own clothes out then” strategy!  The only condition is that I get to “veto” 2 articles of clothing. 

Ex.  If he comes out with basketball shorts, a button-up dress shirt, red baseball knee high socks and his brown loafers I get to veto 2 of those items to hopefully make his outfit presentableJ (and yes this was one of his outfit choices just last week-yikes!!)

I have also resorted to taking him shopping with me when I need to get him new clothes.  He can’t get whatever he wants I just give him 2 options and he gets to pick one….seems to work ok but we are still a work in progressJ 
If any of you have any brilliant ideas that have worked with your picky dresser (ha this sounds so funny to me because normally you have a picky eaterJ) Please share your ideas….I am open to them!!!!

Ok lets come back to the point of this blog.  Reese and his performance!
It went awesome; he was so alive and energetic on stage and enjoyed all the attention….he was a hit!!  I love watching our kids perform; they are just so cute and proud waving at us from the stage!  I will never forget these moments…they are precious.  Few and far between and priceless….I love it!


1 comment:

Krista said...

He is so cute with his haircut like Greg's! My sister was SUPER PICKY about her clothing as a kiddo too.... everything was too itchy or too tight. I will ask my mom what worked for her... if anything! SO GOOD to see you this week! Hugs!