Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tour Des Fleurs 10K




This morning I ran a 10K in Dallas! I got my best friend from college to run it with me so I was really excited to finally have someone to run with--we both did really well---I placed 5th in my age bracket (25-29) and 183 overall (1122 people were running in the race) and I was happy to see I beat a ton of girls younger than me:) .....that always makes a girl feel good ....especially since I will be 30 next year!
Also Greg came with me this morning (he has never seen me run a race yet-since he always stays home with the kids--thanks for that Greg!) and he took some funny pictures of Stacey and I and I thought I would share them with you! I must say we look pretty buff and intimidating in the first picture don't you think??? I sure would be scared to have to race against us!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really awesome. In the middle picture, you are running so fast that the other people seem to be standing still. I am no runner, but it seems like they would have a better chance if they weren't carrying their cameras. Good thinking to have greg take the pictures for you.

Shane

Jay said...

okay, so you need to get you the nike+ so we can run together (600 miles apart) I started running a month ago and have really enjoying it. I just pushed up to 6 miles a day. Call me girl!

Jada