Thursday, March 27, 2008

Whole Wheat Honey Garlic Pizza Crust!

Hey guys-- I have never done this before, but this pizza dough is too good not to share!
My brilliant father invented it and he was gracious enough to pass it on to me! (and now I am passing it on to you--(Rebekah this is the dough I was telling you about;)
Well I sure hope you all like it! Enjoy!

Whole Wheat Honey Garlic Pizza Crust

1 Packet Yeast, dissolved in 2 TBL warm water @ about 105 - 110 degrees

3/4 cups warm water @ about 105 – 110 degrees

1/8 cup olive oil

1/8 cup honey

1/8 cup skim milk

1/4 TSP Salt

1 TSP Garlic Powder

1 Glove Garlic finely minced

1 3/4 cups Whole Wheat Flower

Combine yeast, warm water, olive oil, honey, skim milk, salt, garlic powder and clove garlic in mixing bowl.

Add whole wheat flower and mix until dough is elastic (10 – 15 minutes maybe more) and is not sticking to bowl. Add a very little water if necessary. Place in greased bowl, cover with towel and let rise until double, about 1 1/2 hours. You can place bowl in oven with a pan of very hot water below bowl. Dough will rise better this way. When double in size push down and roll into pizza crust. Poke top of crust wit fork in several places around crust. Let dough rest for 15 minutes before adding toppings.

Dough can bee frozen after making into crust.

Makes one crust.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I can't wait to try it! I'll let you know how it turns out for me...thanks for sharing it!

Hughes Family said...

I can't wait to try this! Sounds delicious!

I finally started our blog. Its:
www.jch5andcounting.blogspot.com

=Jennifer