Saturday, October 18, 2008

Great Pumpkin Festival


peek-a-boo!

The famous pumpkin house!

falling......good thing those pumpkins were there to catch 'em:)

Reese hugging a pumpkin--that's my boy!

Abby set this pose up all by herself!


Today we took the kids over to Dallas to go see some pumpkins! Every year the Dallas Arboretum puts on a great pumpkin festival with over a billion pumpkins:) -ok not a billion but at least thousands!
The kids weren't quite sure if they were gonna like it but they changed their minds quickly when we got there and saw the pumpkin house--it was awesome!
We just walked around and took in all the "fall beauty" I love fall!!! It's by far the best time of year--it starts getting cooler, all the fall colors are surrounding you and PUMPKINS are out everywhere! And one of the biggest reasons I love fall is because it's the beginning of the holiday seasons but it's just far enough away you don't have to start worrying about all the holiday's just yet:) -not that I don't love Christmas too but things start getting busy and you don't have time to stop and enjoy everything around you all the time! So today we took the time to just stop and enjoy everything fall---it was lovely!
*The first time the kids and I saw pumpkins out at the grocery store I ran up to them and said, "Kids don't you just want to hug this pumpkin?" They laughed a little but mainly looked at me like I was crazy. But today both of them asked me if they could hug a pumpkin---that's what I'm talking about!:) -I think our kids are developing the same love for the fall season!
Now I have an assignment for each of you---Go hug a pumpkin;) -it will make you feel better I promise!

No comments: