Friday, October 31, 2008

Monster Parade!


Me reading to Abby's class!

The whole class dress-up in their monster costumes

Abby's candy corn back--check out that hair barrette---those are pixie sticks!

Abby parading through the halls!

This morning all the kindergartners paraded through the halls in their own homemade "monster" costumes. It couldn't be anything scary or store bought so each costume was an original. I must say there are some very creative kids in Abby's school! One of my personal favorites was the bead monster--she had glued a ton of Marti Gras beads all over her shirt and pants--it was adorable and sounded quite funny:)
Abby's was of course my 1st favorite-she was a candy monster. We glued all kinds of candy all over her shirt and made 2 cute barrettes of candy. She said the shirt was really heavy and all the kids couldn't keep their hands off of her---she didn't like that:)
After the parade Greg and I volunteered in the classroom for the fall party/activity day. We had a blast! I played bingo with the kids and Greg got the snack station--which is funny to me because he can't stand eating things kids make or touch--he's kinda OCD about that:) -he was a trip to watch...but he was great with them--good job honey!
I was thrilled when Ms. Thomson asked me to read a book to the kids--- that's right up my alley-not sure I could do it EVERYDAY like her--but it was very rewarding;)
Abby had a wonderful party day and Reese even got to come to the parade--Maw Maw and Poppa came to watch the fun and were kind enough to watch him the whole time so I could help out in her room--and he got to spend the night with them the night before--that's all he can talk about today! I got some great pictures of their excitement and will blogging about that soon!

No comments: