Thursday, October 16, 2008

Visitor from D.C.


Tuesday night our friend Eric from DC came in town for a conference and stopped by to stay the night with us before he headed into Dallas. We were so excited to hear he was gonna be in town! We asked the kids if they remembered Eric and Erin (we missed you Erin and Emilia:) from DC and Abby says, "yeah they did my Nemo birthday!" I was SHOCKED! She was 2 years old--how does she remember that? I guess we just have talked about them so much that she never had the chance to forget them! This couple means so much to Greg and I--we could go on and on about how they helped us while we lived in DC. We had only been in DC about 2 days and we met them and immediately were friends! We had just had Reese and they offered to have a birthday party for Abby. Since their birthdays are so close together it was gonna be super hard to pull off anything close to what they did for her! Thanks so much guys- it meant the world to us! It brings tears to my eyes to think back on that time of our lives. We had so many obstacles yet God provided in EVERY WAY---we could write a book of God's faithfulness in our lives...hey that's a good idea I need to do that:)
Anyways back to the visit--we wanted to give Eric a big welcome to Texas so what's better???? Mexican food of course! We took him to Joe T. Garcia's in Ft. Worth and the kids had a blast telling Eric jokes and Reese even spilled a Sprite all over Eric---isn't he sweet?? Wow- poor guy he seriously looked like he wet his pants the rest of the night! -thank goodness he has a kid....he was VERY understanding!
Also-Greg and Eric were looking at houses for sale all night---I"m not sure Erin, but I think he might have put a down-payment on a house here---he really likes Texas;)
And we would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have you near!
Thanks for coming Eric--oh and sorry about the whole ice cream bite thing....Greg will never let me live that down!:)

* And Erin your husband was a great guest--he put his dishes in the dishwasher and even stripped his bed..WOW--you have trained him well;)

1 comment:

The Korsvall Family said...

I know Eric had a blast with you guys this week - thanks for hosting him! We miss you all, too. I know Eric would definitely support a move to Texas... he was sending me real estate links! I am so proud hearing that he as a helpful guest! We miss you!