Tuesday, October 07, 2008

We had a great trip!

We got back last night from our family vacation to Hot Springs, AR. We had the greatest time and I honestly don't know where to start! We did so much in 4 days. It was action packed yet also very relaxing--Greg is ALWAYS wonderful in planning our trips and he is very intentional in finding fun stuff to do that each of us will enjoy---he is very thoughtful and I just love that about him!
When we got into town we went straight to the golf course-which we all loved! We got the kids their own clubs and they did really great...and I have found a new LOVE---I love to golf! Greg and I plan on going golfing for a date in the near future...who knew? I tried once in high school and gave up before I even started--what a shame! That was over 10 years ago....think how good I could be right now? Shame on me--but I don't plan on wasting anymore time---golfing is wonderful.....no wonder every guy loves it!!! (too bad I have terrible form --as you will see in the pictures--but Greg said besides that I'm pretty good!) -he's too kind;)
Anyways the rest of the weekend we hiked through the Ouachita Mountains, dug for crystals at a local mine--which the kids LOVED--every kid is happy with a mount a dirt and a shovel right?...and the weather was beautiful so that was icing on the cake! We came home with 2 buckets of crystals!
We also went to a local music review show downtown and Greg got to dance on stage---what a ham....I will post that video soon!
We took a tour of the historic hot spring bathhouses---very interesting--for us more than the kids:) If you are unaware of Hot Springs and how it got it's name well all throughout the mountains surrounding the city are springs that flow steaming hot water out of the rocks. (see pictures) Starting around the turn of the century people all over country would come to the town for healing by sitting in the water which are filled with natural minerals(from God:)--doctors would prescribe these baths and still today people are coming and using the waters for natural healing.
I was really wanting to experience this bath everyone was talking about so while Greg went to the Aquarium with the kids I took a hot springs bath at the Buckstaff Bathhouse and it was HILARIOUS! I will have to post that story later, but lets just say this- I have seen enough naked ladies to last me the rest of my life and I have never been seen naked by as many strange women in MY life....it was humbling and shocking all at the same time:) I can't wait to tell you all about this---stay tuned!

-Well we have a ton of pictures of our adventures so enjoy!


I have a terrible swing---how embarrassing! (I'll get better...you'll see!)

Abby and Daddy-golf pros!

Ok-he was way better than me--I'm ok with that!

the kids loved the carts....so did I:) -so did Greg actually he was a speed demon!

Reese was great at putting! But whenever he saw a ball he would pick it up and throw it--he never really figured the whole "don't touch the ball" idea:)

No comments: