Thursday, April 22, 2010

25 cent Blizzards!


Kari enjoying her Butterfinger blizzard!

Sugared up kids are happy kids:)

pure goodness!

It can't be all gone??? :(
Notice the 3 cups in my hand....no I didn't eat all of those....although I would have liked to!

This week is Dairy Queens 25th year Anniversary and all week they have buy one Blizzard get one for 25 cents! Well when I heard this I knew I had to find a Dairy Queen and get there this week! My friend Keri and I made plans to drive ALL the way downtown yesterday to the only Dairy Queen left in the area!
Now for a little history on me and Dairy Queen-...well actually I guess it's not much of a story except for the fact that I LOVE blizzards! No one can make them better than Dairy Queen, everyone tries but they can't come close in my book!
When I was in high school I ran cross country and on our long runs we passed by a Dairy Queen and not every time but sometimes we would make a pit stop on the way back to school and have a blizzard just for kicks:) It was a challenge eating ice cream and running but we made it work....anything for a blizzard!
Thank you Dairy Queen for making such a yummy treat ...now if you could open up a store in our area---wait no, never mind I think it being far away is a good thing!:)

No comments: