Sunday, April 18, 2010

Our First Rangers Game of the Season!

I can't believe I am just posting about this....I have fallen way behind in my blogging:(
Last Wednesday we went to our first Rangers game of the year! We have all been ready for baseball to start and were so excited to get to the stadium! -It feels like going home:)
We had a great night of nachos and Dr. Pepper (well at least the kids and Greg did:) but were surprised when the cold winds began to blow in! The weather forecast was ALL wrong saying it was gonna be in the 80's! For real? It was more like mid 50's! Oh geeeeez it was so cold and we were NOT dressed for it. Both kids were in shorts and t-shirts and I was wearing flip flops....oh it was quite miserable!
The kids and I ended up hiding out in the gift shop for about 2 innings while Greg braved the cold! And I did something so out of character---I bought a pair of $10 socks! Yes, I didn't care how much they cost...my toes were FREEZING! But hey check 'em out....I like the fact that I now have a pair of Texas Rangers socks to run in....very cool:)
Well, we of course stayed until the VERY end (I begged Greg to leave around the 6 inning but I knew nothing would sway him--even with a wife and kids that were quickly turning purple!!:) Gotta love that huh? Ha!
Go Rangers! .....even if I am too wimpy to support you out in the cold:)
I'm like Goldilocks, not too hot and not too cold! ~guess I should live in California huh?;) Nah, then I would have to support the Angels or the LA Dodgers or even worse the Padres--no thanks!:)


Keeping the kids entertained in the gift shop!

My new socks....priceless!!!

No comments: