Thursday, April 01, 2010

Round One


dying Easter eggs--the kids favorite holiday event:)

Abby and me at her school party

Run Abby Run!!!

Love this picture!

egg relay game--she didn't drop it once!


Today was the beginning of MANY Easter egg hunts for our kids.(notice I said our kids, Greg and I don't get a kick out of the hunts but it's not all about us now is it? It is mainly about them most of the time but I think we have found a good family balance that keeps Greg and I sane;) Anyway, Abby's school had her Easter party and I was able to go and volunteer for it. We were in charge of the egg hunt and there were so many egg it was INSANE! Actually there were so many that it was impossible to hide all of them so we just started chuckin' them and where they landed was where they hid:) The hunt actually took a long time becasue the eggs were numbered and each kids had to find the eggs in numerical order from 1-12--it was brilliant! Every kid got 12 eggs and it keep the greedy kids from taking them all, which is always a plus:)
We also had an egg hunt with Abby's soccer team tonight and we probably had another 300 eggs there--geez I don't remember there being that many eggs when I was kid--kids these days got it made. Well kinda....you know schools today won't let you put candy in your eggs and that's just pure silliness if you ask me! Whatever happened to teaching your kids self control? It's like when they're babies and you are teaching your kids to not touch a breakable vase, you don't remove the object you teach them to respect it and NOT break it! If we just stop allowing our kids to indulge from time to time then they're gonna freak out on you one day and they will never know when to stop eating/drinking!!! Ok, sorry I got off on a soapbox but it's my blog and if you don't agree then you probably shouldn't have read this far:) Ha!
Back on topic, so tonight was our second egg hunt and we have one on Saturday and Sunday, I wonder if I can throw away some of the stuff tonight? ....maybe it will keep our house from overflowing with eggs before Sunday? If you see a house buried in easter eggs it's ours....come save us!!! ;)

2 comments:

Faith said...

so were they just empty eggs??

Faith said...

so were they just empty eggs??