Monday, March 29, 2010

Kindergarten Round-up!


A picture with my sweet kindergartner:)

A close-up just in case--ha! Yes, I am camera happy:)

Daddy and his kindergartner

Bubba (aka Chubby Cheeks--nickname from Abby:) and Sissy---that's what they call each other!

Reese went straight to the hamster! He is gonna love having a class pet--that's right up his alley:)

IT'S ALL GOING TOOOOOO FAST! I keep telling the kids to stop growing but they are not obeying:) Tonight was Reese's kindergarten orientation--next year he is gonna leave me forever! *sniff sniff* It's days like this that I wish we had at least 10 kids!
*You know when Greg and I were talking about getting married I told him I wanted 5 kids....well actually 5 boys so we could have a complete basketball team...I mean seriously how cool would that be?:) Well of course things don't always go as planned and having a girl first threw us for a loop! (for the record I love my little girl and wouldn't trade a hundred boys for her!)
Well anyways back on topic:) Tonight was a success! Reese got to explore life in kindergarten and play in one of the actual kindergarten rooms--he thought that was SUPER cool! He told us after I left him in the room that he was about to "almost" cry but then he saw Abby come into the room and it was all better! (Abby was sitting in the cafeteria with us for the meeting and then she decided she would rather go be with Bubba--what a sweet sister!)
Afterward we went for ice cream to celebrate (we are always looking for reasons to celebrate around here;)
Well, Reese was walking a little taller tonight, a little prouder and seemed a lot older--he's so excited he can barely stand it.....now he only has to wait until August 23rd for school to start! Geez---that must seem like a lifetime to a little kid!
~oh if time could only stand still... I am gonna need a therapist next year I just know it!!!! :)

2 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

You are more than welcome to come by my house & rock the baby while your babies are in school. :) I can't believe Reese is old enough for K! Soak up this time, friend! Sniff! Sniff!

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for a therapist too! I thought I wouldn't be emotional but it's only April and I have already been teary about it! Our babies are growing up. What are you going to do with all your free time?? :) I'm sure you will figure something out!
Miss you!
Kim Newcom