Monday, March 22, 2010

Back from Cali!

We got back from San Diego on Saturday and we were welcomed with a cold snowy day! What in the world? Do we live in Texas because I am confused:)
Well anyway thankfully Greg greeted us with love and our winter jackets since our flip flops and shorts were NOT gonna do the trick!
I have tons of pictures from our week in Cali and plan on slowly blogging about all the fun we had with my family!
I always hate when I can't blog much while I am on a trip because I come home tired with lots of laundry and LOTS of blogging to do--so be patient with me and I will hopefully catch up by the end of the week:)
One of Abby's favorite things during the week was going to the beach. The temperatures were in the 70's and 80's but the water was freezing! Though that didn't seem to stop Abby or Tobey (my brother's son) they were crazy!!!
They had a blast jumping in the waves and getting soaking wet! **Now that I think about it maybe that's why Abby had to go to the urgent care on Friday with an ear infection and strep throat? humm there could be a connection here?:/
Well as I said before this was Abby's favorite thing but didn't mention Reese because this was NOT his cup of tea. Now, I'm not saying he didn't try to enjoy it but after he fell in and was rolled over by the waves 2 times he had made his mind up....He HATED the ocean! Poor guy was a mess! He was soaked and freezing and it was after sunset so it was super cold too! He also had a cut on his foot from a few days before and the salt was burning so bad that we couldn't get him calmed down! OH and we hadn't planned on getting IN the ocean so we had no towels and no change of clothes! Reese had been crying for about 15 minutes and I just had to get him out of his clothes and dried off so I ran into the closest beach store and bought a $16 towel....yep, that's right I didn't care how much it cost I just needed a towel and I needed it NOW! (Dave Ramsey would be ashamed!:)
I ran back with the towel and I was surprised to see Reese wrapped in another towel and he had a band-aid! Some sweet ladies saw all the drama and gave Reese their towel! So nice huh?
Well this was early on in the week so Reese didn't set foot in the ocean again all week but he did enjoy planning in the sand--so at least that's something right?:)
The rest of us enjoyed the beach though and hopefully by the time we go on our cruise this summer Reese will have a change of heart because if not he isn't gonna enjoy himself very much!!
Well anyways enjoy the pictures and try not to be too jealous:)

We love the BEACH!!

Aunt Christi, Tobey and Abby in the ocean---she is braver than me:)

this is what Reese wrote in the sand....I love Mom---awe, he's such a doll!

Reese playing in the sand because the ocean is no fun:( poor Reese!

Reese all wet from the ocean....he was NOT happy that I took a picture of his misery....sorry buddy!

Abby and I burned to a crisp....yes we had sunblock on but we just couldn't put it on fast enough!

No comments: