Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Abby's Open House


Mrs. Piland and Abby

I can't believe I got a smile out of her....she was NOT thrilled to take this picture:)
Behind her she had made a cowgirl and on the paper next to it she wrote:
I love Texas because I love to swim. I love Texas because of Dr. Pepper and BBQ. I also like Texas because they have slushes.
(Not sure about the slushes but the other reasons are good:)

She traced her foot and made a horse out of it....cute huh? She is such an amazing artist!! I think she got that from my dad because I can't draw good at all!!!:)

This weekend her homework was to make a WANTED sign with her picture on it. She wrote that she was wanted for riding her horse too fast and the reward was $1,000 or free horseback riding lessons!

This is all her work she has been doing for the past few months.

Abby's room is decorated with fish (how prefect is that since her room at home is fish too:)
Reese and Abby are climbing up into the reading loft here...pretty cool! I also used to love to read in little reading nooks when I was a kid! I love it!

Last night Abby had open house at her school. She had prepared a ton of things (crafts and stuff) for us to see and she was so proud to show us around. She was super embarrassed that I was taking pictures of everything but she got over it....well it was easy because before I could take more my camera died--boo:)
Anyways she is doing awesome at school! Her teacher says she has improved in every area and is a model student and is already reading above grade level! Way to go Abby!
I have to tell you I don't feel old enough to have 2 kids in elementary school NEXT year--wow!
I get pretty sad thinking about it but also it excites me at the same time. I really feel like next year, since I will not be going to work, that my ministry will really begin. I always want to meet with girls, have coffee, and such but it is hard with Reese still at home. I feel like a lot of doors will open up for me once they are both at school. I will also get to be up at their school A LOT! I plan on being room mom again for Reese's class and will be available for EVERY thing they do--what a blessing that I don't have to work!
I can't imagine missing a thing and I am so grateful! Thanks Greg....my sugar Daddy! ;)

No comments: