Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Krista!

This weekend I headed to Kansas City for my friend Krista's 30th Birthday surprise! A few months back I got a call from her husband Scott (also my good friend from home) and he asked if I could/would like to come to KC to be part of Krista's big birthday weekend! I, of course, jumped at the chance and got a ticket right away! The weekend was so awesome and Scott out did himself! I got to their house about 4pm on Friday and she was so surprised! We hungout for the evening, had dinner and her college roommate also come into town that evening. We stayed up WAY too late:) and had a blast just being silly--it was so fun-just like old times!!
The next morning was also a surprise for Krista (or maybe she knew a little bit;) a limo came about 10am and me, Krista, Tara, her sister, Karla, Mom and sister-in-law, Hannah all were whisked away for a day of pampering! (I told you Scott out did himself:)
We headed down to the plaza (outdoor shopping area in KC) went shopping for Krista some new clothes (Scott gave each of us $100 to spend on her--crazy huh? He's so great!:) we had lunch and headed to the Spa. Scott treated all of us to a massage and it was incredible...sadly my masseuse had her work cut out for her--I had a TON of knots! Guess I need to get massages more often huh?:)
We then headed back to the house for a surprise birthday party with all her close friends and family! It was such a blast from the past for me and we had such a great time all celebrating the birth of our sweet friend! I am so thrilled I was able to make it up for such an incredible weekend! Thank you again Scott for all you did not only for Krista but for all of us---wow, it was so generous!
I love you Krista and am so thankful we are still great friends after all these years!
Bring on 40 huh? Who knows what Scott will do--hehe!





Krista birthday fruit pizza.....yummy!

Krista and her sweet daughter Sienna

Krista and I getting in the Limo!

Krista and her sister Karla

lunch with all the blondes;) I just noticed I was the only brunette--pretty funny!

No comments: