Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas a few days early...

Since we were going to KC for Christmas we decided to have Christmas at our house about a week early:)  We can do this for two reasons:
1.  We have never done a big push for Santa...sorry Santa:)  We decided when the kids were babies that we didn't want Santa to be the one that got to give all the cool gifts...that's crazy!  We wanted to give the gifts and Santa could just fill the stockings with tinker toys:)  And this plan has worked out just nicely... especially since we don't spend every Christmas at home so we don't have to "explain" aka "lie" to our kids about some silly old man that brings gifts through a chimney wherever we are....sorry I may seem bah-humbug and I hope to not step on any toes- cause of course you can do whatever you want with your kiddos;)  This just works for us.
 Don't get me wrong I do love Christmas---AS Jesus' birthday and I DO tell the kids about Him;) He travels easily and doesn't have to fit down a chimney:)  haha!
2.  And our kids are kinda on the fence about Santa anyway since they figured out that I am the tooth-fairy they have been asking questions-- oops:)  So we didn't have to do too much explaining except bring the stocking things with us to KC.


We opened Friday night so the kids had some time to play with their new toys.  Reese's big gift was an electric scooter and Abby got legos and a 3-D puzzle to put together--so they needed some time to do those.  Her big gift was 20 art lessons to a real art studio in Southlake.  She has been wanting to do something more challenging so we found a real instructor that does small classes and teaches technique and art history.  She is VERY excited!
Greg and I got some good stuff too!  Greg got mostly clothes from me.  Some new shoes and a few new shirts and such --oh and soap:)
 No he doesn't stink.
 He always brings home the sample soap from the Palomar in DC and he LOVES it so I bought him the REAL thing-ha!
 I got...well...I like to call it a "kitchen" Christmas;)  Greg got me a food processor (to make Pesto Pasta and such:) and a salad spinner--yes, I have been wanting these...thank you honey:)
I also got clothes and I think he only did that to redeem himself just in case I was upset about the kitchen stuff:)  I wasn't so he was in the clear:)
We then finished the night off with White Christmas and hot chocolate...oh and we had Mexican for dinner--what else would you have for Christmas dinner?:)
I love my sweet little family...Merry Christmas guys!
Kansas City here we come!

Reese in his new hat and shirt

Let's do this!

W.O.W!  Lots of gifts!  (not all ours:)

the pass out frenzy!

new blue electric scooter!

oh the love!  Thanking each other for their gifts.
Reese gave Abby chocolate and a tiny teddy bear she had been wanting
Abby got Reese the movie Cats and Dogs

No comments: